1.3.11

CENTRELINK

I phoned centre-link on the 7th of January  as i was beginning part-time study through tafe. They said that i will receive a call back within the net ten days. So relieved i hung up.  within the next four i received a call.... Awesome! Except i was working and by working it was only a four hour function at Royal Perth for all the new interns, some kinda sundowner to say yay im a docter raa raaa hooo harrr that kinda thing... So i answered thinking that it may be mum... but it wasn't. it was centre-link, For a second i was like yay... she will tell me i have a appointment and to go into the office maybe tomorrow or the next but instead began to carry on and say im calling to organise and see if your able to claim through centre-link.... the call may take 15-25mins.. SHIT. I explained im working at this moment and i dont really have that set time to sit down and talk through with her all my situation as money is valuable right now and blaaa blaaaa bla... im working, So slap in the face. my fault i guess for being busy. I asked if she could call back tomorrow... as the story goes NO LAUREN, i will be put back in the queue and i will receive a call within the next ten days........ well i haven't. If i was still waiting i would be waiting since January 7th to be exact, lucky for me i have other incoming of cash but thats not the FUCKING POINT.


Just for some some more ranting.....
I dont really want to rely on government payouts to support myself, though i know in another retrospect i do deserve it after working so hard all my god damn life and now casually working and about to put my head down bum and become a nerd.Unlike some of the citizens of our community to solely abuse the situation....
I took the time to go into centre-link in Innaloo as i hadn't heard anything for over 2 weeks. Spoke to a interesting character.
She had the decency to explain that i SHOULD have received a call... but no i hadn't... for one, wasn't good enough And that due to the state of QLD after the cyclone... all the centre-links were so busy and everybody else had been pushed back. I nodded and replied thats no problem at all....I do have a heart and i really feel for QLD but at the same time i was expecting just something i guess....She then began to explain that i wont be able to receive payments as im part-time and that is off my OWN BACK, unless i wanted to go on new start... looking for work...YEAH, NO.  so since then been slogging it day and night working for Heyders, which has been more rewarding and less complicating even talking to a centre-link representative. 


So yeah, thats basically it.
Thanks Centre-link, Get you shit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment